It’s somewhat difficult to sort the Netgear N600 Router Setup. In this article, you will get to know about how to setup Netgear n600 Router. Go to the list below and ensure that you have the majority of the important data present before installing and interfacing your router physically, Internet ADSL or cable modem service connection to an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
You may require the following information for your Netgear n600 Router Setup and to access the internet depending on your Internet Account Setup.
Information That You May Need: –
- Host Name and Domain Name
- Internet Username Name and Password for login
- Domain Name Server Addresses(DNS)
- Fixed or Static IP Address
Your ISP ought to have given all of you the data expected to connect with the Internet. In case, you can’t find this data, ask your ISP. By looking at the TCP/IP Properties, you can check these settings of your Internal Network Connections which are available through the Control Panel.
Here Is What You Must Do For Netgear N600 Router Setup
- Connect the router to the ADSL or cable modem, and simply and connect a computer to the router. To use your Internet service, configure the router.
- Turn off your computer. Unplug the cable or ADSL broadband modem and turn it off. Connect your computer to the modem and locate your Ethernet cable.
- Now, Plug the wireless router with an Ethernet cable connected to the “Internet” or “Line In” port to your modem. From one of the numbered ports connect your router with an extra networking cable on the back of your router to your computer. You can later disconnect it from your computer once the router is configured. Plug in the router to form a power source and click the power button.
- Open your web browser and simply type the following web address in the address bar – http://www.routerlogin.net. And, log in to the page by entering default username as “admin” and password as ”password”.
- On your router’s dashboard click the “Wireless Settings” link to change the settings. Type a new value in the “SSID” field to change the name of your network. From the list select a security option, such as WEP or WPA, Set a strong password to secure your network against intruders.WPA2 is the best option and trusted the method of securing wireless network because it provides more security as compare to WEP or WPA.
- To change your wireless router settings press the “Apply” button. Now, you can log in your wireless router with a new password. And now close your web browser and disconnect the ethernet cable from the computer and use the internet wirelessly. All these steps will help you perform the Netgear n600 Wireless Dual Band Router Setup with ease.
Still can’t figure out how to setup Netgear n600 Router? Get In Touch With Us
NetGear Router n600 Setup isn’t a tough task to perform. But, you may face problems with the technical procedures. If you are having the problem then free feel to call us. You can easily connect to our Router Support by calling us at our toll-free number +1-877-223-5208 or you can send us an email on [email protected]routertechsupport.net. You are also free to have a chat with our experts and let them take it from there.